Job Title: Senior .NET Web Application Developer
Company Name: FrontEdge Inc.
Location: Rochester, New York
Job Description / Overview: We are seeking a full-time, highly-skilled senior .NET Web Application Developer with a strong background in building scalable, high-quality and high-performance web applications on the Microsoft technology stack. The senior .NET Web Application Developer will join a small team focused on using technology to solve a diverse range of customer business problems in a variety of industries and to develop features on an existing customer-facing cloud-based K-12 student management platform. FrontEdge Inc. leverages Team Foundation Server (TFS) and an Agile development methodology.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop end-to-end software features and functionality with quality including design, user interface, middle tier, and database.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on an agile development schedule.
- Maintain and support multiple projects and deadlines.
Key Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Strong work ethic and a passion for software development.
- Self-sufficiency and motivation; Ability to thrive with minimal direction.
- Ability to work productively both alone and with a team.
- Able to ask for help when needed and provide help when asked.
- Willingness to participate in discussions with end-users about features, enhancements, and system improvements.
- Willingness to hear and act on internal and customer constructive feedback.
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and end-users when necessary.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to juggle priorities, overcome barriers, and complete work with quality.
- Awareness of and excitement about emerging technologies.
- Solutions-oriented, problem-solver; someone who comes to the table with an open-mind, good ideas, and creative thinking.
- Willingness to use new/different tools and technology; ability to try new things and step out of your “comfort zone” when appropriate.
- Excitement about brainstorming and planning new products and features.
Nice to Have…
- Visual Studio 2012
- Team Foundation Server
Education & Professional Experience:
- 5+ Years of .NET/C# Web Programming Experience.
- Thorough Knowledge of and Experience with Relational Database Design and Development
- Must work onsite in our Rochester, NY Office a minimum of 4 week-days/week.
Inquire About This Open Position or
Return to the FrontEdge Employment Page