The Deployment & Customer Support Specialist will work in a support role both remotely and onsite with end users at all levels throughout customer organizations (BOCES, schools and school districts). In this role the individual will help end users properly configure, operate, and maintain the configuration of the SchoolFront Platform to meet the needs of the continuously evolving customer organization.
The Deployment & Customer Support Specialist acts as the primary point of contact for all issues related to the ongoing administration of the system including the roll out of new functionality, collection of customer feature requests, liaison between customer and development team, and ongoing support to customer staff.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of and experience with the types of software commonly used in school administration (e.g. human resources management systems, financial management systems, student information management systems, learning management systems, content management systems, etc.) and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and collaborate with cross-function teams. Must be able to establish and meet deadlines. Strong time management skills with adaptability to changing requirements. Must be patient, friendly, and diplomatic.
- Perform as the customer-facing member of FrontEdge Inc.’s cross-functional team also comprised of developers, testers, project managers, and solutions engineers.
- Assist customer end users with day to day software usage.
- Deploy software at customer location remotely and onsite.
- Help create and maintain end user support documentation.
- Assist with testing new releases of software prior to use in a production environment.
- Learn and understand customers’ operational practices and procedures in order to design, configure, and maintain automated workflow processes.
- Analyze and troubleshoot software issues reported by end users.
- Support and collaborate with the technical support resources in customer organizations on issues requiring access to customer infrastructure, integrated systems, etc.
- Provide ad hoc training on system functionality as requested by customer management.
- Ensure system issues are resolved on time and efficiently.
- Collect customer feedback, feature requests, and functional change requests and work with the cross-functional Frontedge Inc. team to prioritize and focus resources and efforts.
- Self-starter, having the ability to work with minimal supervision, taking ownership
- Strong technical skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Listening, oral, written and presentation skills, and effective interpersonal skills
- Tact, patience, and diplomacy
- Experience working with school and school district personnel
- Experience working with software systems used to manage school and school district operations
- Knowledge of common school and school district operational processes and procedures.
- Experience providing software support to customer end users in all levels of customer organization
- Experience collaborating with developers to plan and release software projects
- Bachelor's degree
Often in the early stages of a customer deployment, infrequently after deployment.
Travel is limited to New York State.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job identifier, "FE-SS01."